Policy of Transneft, JSC in the area of industrial safety
As a key player of fuel energy complex of the Russian Federation and organizer and provider of oil and oil products transportation through the system of trunk pipelines, Transneft, JSC considers the observance of industrial safety requirements to be its top priority.
Fullу aware of potential risk of negative impact of its high-technological activity, Transneft, JSC will create conditions for protection of the life and health of the Company’s employees and population against accidents and incidents at hazardous production facilities, reducing the risk accidents and their environmental consequences.
In its activity Transneft, JSC is guided by the following principles:
- compliance with requirements of the Russian legislation, international treaties of the Russian Federation, federal norms and regulations in the sphere of industrial safety;
- planning and performing the activity aimed at accidents prevention at hazardous industrial facilities;
- availability of significant information in the sphere of industrial safety.
To ensure compliance with the chosen principles, Transneft, JSC sets the following goals:
- prioritization of the measures for improving reliability of the operated equipment and minimizing the risk of accidents and incidents at hazardous production facilities;
- rationalization of the system of industrial safety management at Transneft, JSC based on the analysis of its functioning, development and performance of corrective measures aimed to improving industrial safety;
- support of the system of industrial safety management with allocation of required material and financial resources, selection of qualified personnel to operate hazardous production facilities;
- compliance with the requirements of legislative acts, norms and rules in the sphere of industrial safety;
- organization of effective industrial control at hazardous production facilities;
- informing of workers on industrial safety requirements, including actions in emergency situations;
- determining personal responsibility of managers and immediate executors for observance of industrial safety requirements;
- motivation of personnel operating hazardous production facilities to implement measures increasing the level of industrial safety;
- continuous training on industrial safety requirements and further training of the personnel operating hazardous production facilities;
- maintenance of high level of readiness of rescue units, their equipment with modern means of accidents localization and emergency response.
Transneft, JSC considers observance of these provisions as the guarantee of an optimal combination of corporate interests with social-economic needs of the society in the sphere of industrial safety.